CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Corner

Stranded on this corner alone
Left or right?
Not sure which way is home
Abandoned by love
Left with the trash
Heart broken into pieces like these shards of glass
Piercing my soul
Makin me cry
When I think of why I'm here
I wanna die
He said he loved me
He said you can trust me
And my young mind sucked it all in
Told me I should stick with him if I wanted to win
Now here I lose
My ego, pride, and vagina bruised
By some old triflin dudes
Stole my youth and ran off into the night
Truth is I gave it....so I'm wrong right?
I stand here starving
Needing something to eat
That hotdog in the trash could make a interesting treat
It's hard out here and I am beat
At 13 yrs old this is my life on the street

MzP

8 comments:

Virtuous said...

Raw

MzPoetiK said...

It is....so sad.

Don said...

Definitely raw.

You're good @ capturing emotions. I don't understand how I never came across your great work.

I'm here now.

MzPoetiK said...

Thanks Don, I feel the same abt yours...gonna enjoy goin thru the archives...welcome :)

Tenacious said...

Beautifully written, raw, and full of emotion...excellent girl...I wish I can write like you, I can't even match two words together

*hug*

where the hell you been girl?! Been missing you 'round the board and stuff!!

D. McFadden said...

I HAVE TO AGREE IT WAS RAW, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME SAD AND EMOTIONAL GOOD WRITTING THIS POEM PAINTS A PICTURE

MzPoetiK said...

Thanks Ten...I had to take a break from the board for a min...I see yall still doin the damn thing!!

Its nice to see u round again

*Hugs*

Mizrepresent said...

Dayum, that was deep...i had to pause for a moment, didn't expect to be a child.