CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Forever In My Heart

It's crazy how sometimes we take things for granted. This weekend I experienced something I never had before. Something I never wanted to. I knew it would happen one day.....but not like this. My oldest male cousin was killed in Montgomery Al. a week ago today. As I write this it still doesn't seem real. I just remember the last time I saw him and that conversation replays in my mind over and over. Never thought that would have been the last time. This is tough. To all of those who have experience such pain my heart goes out to you and yours. And to the ones who lost their lives in the struggle REST IN PEACE. Love always "Beam"


Why

One evening I was watching reruns on the screen
The 1st 48 is one of those interesting things

I tried to go to sleep but then my phone rings
My cousin is on the line saying the craziest things

He is dead he is dead
She repeats on the line

I hear her clearly but could she say it one more time
I don't wanna hear I don't wanna believe

I can't think I can't breathe
Because what I was just viewing is now real life to me

He died on the scene is what repeats in my mind
What was on his mind

As he took his last breath
I don't know what step is next

Saw him the other day
He smiled went on his way

Never thought that would be the last day
Would’ve said more than what I did say

He's not gone
My heart hurts this is wrong

If 2nd chances were given
He'd still be living

And I wouldn't be writing this poem
He'd be home

R.I.P. Kareem Troutman

MzP

7 comments:

Still Patrice said...

Hey lady ((hugs))

Virtuous said...

OOh gurl I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. :o(

I pray you get thru this tough time and are comforted by your memories of him.

*Double Hugs*

MzPoetiK said...

Thanks ladies..I appreciate it...

Kiibaati said...

why? Sometimes life makes no sense. Peace

THE JODY said...

greetings sista! Sorry about your cousin. When I lost my grandfather, it brought me to my knees and I thought the world was over. I remembered his smile and his hand in my upbringing and I realized he is smiling down on me and getting a spot for me in the next life time. Your cousin is doing the same for you and all his love ones. Be easy sis!

peace
jody harris

THE JODY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

RIP Kareem aka Beam ur truly missed